My work read today was the first in a proposed series… so it felt appropriate to post about Harry Potter using this week’s meme from Booking Through Thursday.
1. Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
2. If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
3. If you’re not going to read it, why not?
4. And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?
1. I got confirmation from Amazon today that my pre-ordered book will be arriving on Saturday!
2. I expect to be reading Harry Potter on my plane ride from NYC to LAX this Sunday morning.
3. I’m not reading it as soon as I get it, because flying is so boring and Harry Potter is just what I’ll want. If I start reading it on Saturday I won’t sleep until I’ve finished it.
4. I have hopes that JK Rowling has come up with a solution that transcends “Harry or Voldemort.” There’s more to storytelling than just life or death, and if anyone can come up with a creative solution that none of us have expected, it’s her.