Found this via It’s All About Books, and since movies are written by writers I think it works for a blog about reading. How many can you guess?
Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb (Internet Movie Database) and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don’t guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating, and that’s no fun!
1. I found myself driving past convenience stores… that weren’t on the way home.–Raising Arizona, guessed by Christel!
2. Of course, I may bring a boyfriend home occasionally, but only occasionally, because I do think that one ought to go to the man’s room if one can. I mean, it doesn’t look so much as if one expected it, does it? — Cabaret, guessed by Ellen
3. On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse – bassoons and basset horns – like a rusty squeezebox. Then suddenly – high above it – an oboe, a single note, hanging there unwavering, till a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I’d never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing the very voice of God. — Amadeus, guessed by Janet
4. I can’t forget what it’s done to you. I’ve been thinking of nothing else since it happened. It’s gone forever, that funny young, lost look I loved won’t ever come back. I killed that when I told you about ****. It’s gone. In a few hours, you’ve grown so much older. — Rebecca, guessed by Bybee
5. Isn’t it the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you are forbidded to wet your hair for at least 24 hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the ammonium thioglycolate? — Legally Blonde, guessed by Janet
6. When I sit, you sit. When I kneel, you kneel. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera! — The King & I, guessed by Sarah!
7. You’ll be out in a year and a half. I’ll get cozy with your parole officer. You touch her again, I’ll have you violated on a kiddie raper beef. You know what they do to kiddie rapers in Quentin, don’t ya? — LA Confidential, guessed by Sheila
8. That’s the way it crumbles… cookie-wise. — The Apartment, guessed by Christel!
9. But I know something about you / You went to Cranbrook – that’s a private school — 8 Mile, guessed by Bybee
10. My pearl necklace. I want you to give it to Susie…for her weddin’. Give her a real bridey wedding… with all the fixins. Our weddin’ day… and the day we die… are the great events… of life. — Imitation of Life, guessed by nobody 🙁