1. Do you remember learning to read? How old were you?
I don’t. I was very young.
2. What do you find most challenging to read?
Theory & philosophy. Christian Metz nearly did me in during grad school.
3. What are your library habits?
I’m all about online requests.
4. Have your library habits changed since you were younger?
They’ve only changed recently because of Bookmooch–my TBR stack is currently quite large.
5. How has blogging changed your reading life?
I definitely think about my blog when I’m choosing what to read next. I tend to try to mix up genres so I keep my content diverse.
6. What percentage of your books do you get from: New book stores, second hand book stores, the library, online exchange sites, online retailers, other?
Online exchange–nearly all, this past year. The rest I get from Amazon or from new book stores.
7. How often do you read a book and NOT review it in your blog?
Only when I’m being paid to do coverage for a film company.
8. What are your pet peeves about ways people abuse books? Dogearing pages? Reading in the bath?
I dogear myself, but I can’t stand when people break the spine of a book.
9. Do you ever read for pleasure at work?
All my reading is pleasurable!
10. When you give people books as gifts, how do you decide what to give them?
I try to give them something that I’ve read that they would like.