Eva at A Striped Armchair tagged me for the Blogging Tips Meme. I’ve blogged on this topic before for Daily Blog Tips’s Blogging Mistakes contest. It’s a subject I’m interested in, and some great tips have been collected so far.
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends!
1. Look, read, and learn. ***-http://www.neonscent.com/
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. **-http://www.bushmackel.com/
3. Don’t let money change ya! *-http://www.therandomforest.info/
4. Always reply to your comments. ******-http://chattiekat.com/
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. ***-http://chipsquips.com/
6. Don’t give up – persistence is fertile. *-http://www.velcro-city.co.uk/
7. Give link credit where credit is due. ****-http://www.sfsignal.com/
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post.**-http://scifichick.com/
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you – it’s nice to know who is reading! ***-http://stephaniesbooks.blogspot.com/
10. When commenting on others’ blogs, a few kind words go a long way. – * http://shelflifeblog.blogspot.com/
11. When you’re starting out, comment on all the blogs you like to read; that way the bloggers will know that you exist! 😉 http://astripedarmchair.blogspot.com
12. Make sure you check your links! http://superfastreader.com By way of explanation–when you cut & paste the text of a meme, you don’t get the underlying links. If you just see text, you need to turn the text into links manually. If you see hyperlinks, you can cut & paste from the Page Source to get the HTML code and preserve the links. In Firefox, you can use Command/Apple-U to see this. The whole point of a meme is to spread link love, but you need more than just the text to do that.
If any of the bloggers on this meme want to link back to me, I’d sure appreciate it! And thanks to Eva for tagging me. I’m supposed to tag up to 10 people, so here goes:
Kelly at My Utopias
Open Channel at The Accidental Novelist
Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf
Bybee at Naked Without Books
Stefani at The Z Files
Todd or Mike at Zoom In Online
Terri at Sense of Wonder
Anna Broadway at Sexless in the City
Ian at Upper Fort Stewart
I also read half of a galley of Charles de Lint’s Little (Grrl) Lost, which will be coming out in September. It’s sort of like a punk rock The Borrowers, and definitely a good choice for teen readers who enjoy Neil Gaiman and the like. It’s not quite my cup of tea, and since I’m getting on a plan in half an hour it’s going in the suitcase because it’s not the kind of read I need to keep me entertained. (That’d be Ms. Barbara Vine, if you were wondering.)